Tuesday, December 20, 2011

2012 Classics Challenge

My second challenge for 2012: I have joined up for the Classics Challenge, hosted by November's Autumn.

The aim is to read seven works of classic literature in 2012. Only three of them may be re-reads.

What is considered a classic? A work that transcends time. Usually it's well recognised but there are many lesser-known gems too.



Here's my planned reading list for this challenge (please let me know if you don't think they're classics, and I'll try a bit harder!):

Great Expectations by Charles Dickens

Sons and Lovers by D.H. Lawrence

The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov

The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck

Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert

The Happy Prince by Oscar Wilde

Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy

None of these are re-reads. I can't wait to get into them!

2 comments:

  1. A lot of bloggers I follow have read Madame Bovary and really liked it. Looking forward to your thoughts on it and thank you for joining the challenge, Jacqui!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read a few of these....did NOT like Anna Karenina. :)

    Elizabeth
    Silver’s Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete